The Food Stalker – Wrapping up 2012

By  |  14 Comments

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

So you think we sit here and watch the travel channel and drink champagne all day? Not! I spend a lot of sleepless nights producing this and let me tell ya, the inspiration that fuels this thing can hit like a ton of bricks at any moment and  this committed night owl will frantically jot down copious notes in order to remember it all. As I’ve said before, even a professional Stalker can’t do it alone. It takes several stalkers behind the Stalker to make all that magic happen and I’ve been one lucky gal to work with some of the best in the business. It takes a village baby and I now have an army and would like to thank them all for their for their hard work, support and brilliance.

A big shout out to: Mellissah Smith of Marketing Eye, Director /Videographer Brad Smith & Producer Tracy Robinson, Director Richard D’Allesio, Photographer Timothy Vechik, “Dutch”,  Rebecca Dever Photography, Hairdresser’s Hon, Ferial & Charlie, Social Media guru’s Adam Shake & Dean White, Journalist/Photographer Patrick Downs, Tess Masters aka The Blender Girl, Multi-faceted Z-man, #1 fans Deirdre, Sweet Susana, Heather of Taste for Travel, Annie, Deb-Living in Courage and the infamous Mr. Best who is the best “Go to Guy” a gal could ever ask for and last but not least my wonderful husband. You have been generous with your time and energy keeping up with this trend chasing Food Stalker and I am truly grateful for your contributions. In addition there are many bloggers, chefs and designers who continue to be supportive, inspiring me to do my best. Thank you for hitting LIKE and sharing my posts, re-tweeting my tweets, and commenting. I truly appreciate each and everyone of you with the utmost amount of gratitude for your loyal support.  Here’s a recap of this past wild and crazy year that was filled with amazing escapades and opportunity. Most importantly, words cannot express my thanks and gratitude to each and every one of you who have been loyal followers of The Food Stalker.

– End of 2011 kicked off with a trip to Italy – Naples, Florence, Rome and Amalfi Coast for some of the best food, wine & scenery on the planet. We checked out  the usual tourist stops while secretly uncovering hidden gems all thanks to our  personal Driver/Tour Guide Enzo. ( you my friend were a rock star in every sense of the word)!

– Barcelona, Spain had me falling in love with Tapas, coming home to share a Spanish Fiesta with family & friends. La Boqueria Market is one of the most incredible markets I have ever experienced and can rev up any palate. A drive up the coast to Costa Brava was breathtakingly beautiful and I do believe I left my heart at Sa Tuna Beach along with my swimsuit!

– New York City interviewing the founder of Fashion Week, Mr. Stan Herman and jewelry designer Alexis Bittar ( could not have done it without you Benny Doro & Bradman)

-Foodie instincts lead me to stalking Wolfgang Puck at the Oscars. I also met Celebrity Stylist Rachel  Zoe, Chef for Kathy Ireland –Andre Carthen, Joe Namath, Author Mary Higgins Clark, Joe Thiesman, Franco Harris, Rachel Hunter, Actress Patricia Clarkson, Sinbad, Film maker David Lynch, Seinfeld, George Shapiro, Comedian Sara Silverman, Tommy Lasorta, Stan Kasten- President of the Dodgers & Art Style Icon Daphne Guinness to name a few.

– Texas, Florida, The Hudson Valley and Hawaii were filled with meeting chefs, seeing family, old friends and of course making new ones. Nothing like landing in a new city with a camera in hand, ready to seek out exciting stories while capturing the highlights.

While racking up Frequent Flyer miles I hit a few Cali events in Laguna Beach, Malibu Farms, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Pasadena and Santa Barbara Wine Country. San Fran, Napa and Sonoma are always calling me and dinner at The French Laundry was epic in every sense of the word, as well as seeing dear friends at Charter Oak Winery. I’ve always loved wines and champagne and think I broke a record this year sampling new ones. Can one ever know everything there is to know about food and wine? Perhaps the attraction is that each day brings something new.

– Club Culinaire has been a wonderful organization to be a part including Picnic des Chefs, La Epicurean and La Grande Affaire swank soirees, all thanks to Kora Kroep.

See what catching trains, planes and automobiles to get that next story can do for a girl? Of course we could throw in a few boats, bicycles, camels, gondolas, and jet ski’s to the mix!  Don’t forget to throw in a few Film Festivals, a gamut of smashing chefs from 5 Star restaurants around the world to local spontaneous culinary shin-digs. All the stories and videos mentioned are available to view, share and LIKE right here on the blog.

We’ll be having a cozy Christmas at home this year, just where I want to be. In light of recent news, I feel the need to hug loved ones a little closer and reflect on how blessed we really are to have each other and a wonderful array of friends, old and new. I promised Husband I wouldn’t even dare look at a suitcase during the holidays (unless it’s a Tumi gift from Santa himself)! He has always been extremely supportive, patiently waiting for me to get that next image of a plateful of food, even on our Anniversary! What a man! The stockings are hung by the chimney with care, packages wrapped and shipped, greeting cards sent, but oh, just wait until after the holidays honey…that suitcase is packed (hidden under the bed) waiting for 2013 when that craving for adventure hits. Yep, I see some bubbly in my future! That’s right, tart and sassy – shaken not stirred, my very own spy-girl combo: intriguing, fearless and well-traveled. So sit back, enjoy the season and sip away, it puts everything into perspective and hey, remember, there’s nothing a trip to the lipstick counter won’t fix! Hop in and drive baby, this is gonna be fun, just you wait and see…

Wishing you a very blessed, peaceful New Year and may all your dreams come true.

14 Comments

1. 12th century men fashion

December 24, 2012 at 3:08 am

This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I have found something that helped me.
    Thanks!

2. thefoodstalker

December 24, 2012 at 4:24 pm

12th Century Men’s Fashion, thanks for stopping by and happy to share anything that may be helpful along the way. Happy Holidays to you & yours!

3. budget truck rental

January 12, 2013 at 6:31 am

Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads
    up and let you know a few of the images
    aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its
    a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

4. thefoodstalker

January 12, 2013 at 4:37 pm

BTR- Sincerely appreciate you taking a moment to let me know. I just tried viewing from my Mac and all images are showing. Hope you can try again & thanks for stopping by! Happy 2013! ps- I used to work for Budget Car Rental back in the day at Atlanta Airport…:)

5. Outbound Calling

January 21, 2013 at 3:07 am

Excellent blog you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find high
    quality writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you!
    Take care!!

6. thefoodstalker

January 21, 2013 at 4:48 am

Outbound Calling – Most appreciative that you took a few moments to leave a positive comment. Blogs are a lot of work and it is my greatest joy to know it has been enjoyed by so many. In just a little over a year I have such a great following – I am grateful. Best to you in 2013 & keep checking back to see what zany adventure is just around the corner….

7. private health insurance companies

January 27, 2013 at 2:11 am

It’s very straightforward to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this website.

8. Bobby

January 30, 2013 at 12:06 am

Article writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with then you can write otherwise it is
    complicated to write.

9. ann taylor the loft locations

January 31, 2013 at 11:43 am

All of Lindsay`s three younger siblings, are budding actors:
    brother Michael Jr., appeared as the skin on the cutting room floor.

The couple married and moved to a popular ice cream store
    on Long Island in New York.

10. Home Page

February 2, 2013 at 1:16 am

11. Faye

February 17, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures
    aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

12. Santos

February 18, 2013 at 3:25 pm

My partner and I stumbled over here different web page and thought I should
    check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to going over your web page again.

13. thefoodstalker

February 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Faye, thanks for heads up. They seems to be ok on my end, so sorry you are having an issue..:( Santos, thanks for stopping by & look forward to having you follow! Have a delicious day!

14. Marjorie

March 2, 2013 at 9:38 am

Hello mates, how is the whole thing, and what you desire to say concerning
    this article, in my view its really awesome designed for me.

With an Italian background, she cites her Mother and grandmother ( Mamie ) as the major influence of her love for food.  Yes, homemade pasta hung from the clothesline in the kitchen and rolling 100 meat balls for a holiday dinner was the norm.  Raised in Pennsylvania. she spent time in Atlanta, Georgia and ultimately settled along the stunning coast of Laguna Beach, Ca. Self taught in everything, she learned to appreciate the amazing flavors, scents and uses for exotic herbs and spices and applies her knowledge to cooking today. Despite enjoying other creative endeavors like painting, photography and clothing design, she realized she would never love another career the way she loves all the stories surrounding food.  And it's capturing those stories that has not only become her greatest passion but a culinary drug worth passing around!  After all, food is a shared experience and no one better to share it with than the entire world. And thus the Food Stalker was born, utilizing all that passion and her fearlessness to capture even the most impossible stories. It's one thing to write about food, but far more exciting to actually capture it and all those stories that make every scent come to life.  And once she sets out, there's no stopping her, because no one follows that scent better than her---and no telling where she'll end up next.

%d bloggers like this: